Exporting to a Location
When exporting to a location, by default, you can only export archived mail (not live mail nor documents).
Each time you export archived mail to location, a sub-location is created in which your export files are contained. The name of the location is automatically created and named.
A case is automatically created so you can edit and manipulate the case as you would as a case manager. The case name is derived from the name of the location and cannot be changed.
If your exports contain a large number of emails, more space may be required in your location than is provided by default. Consult your NetGovern administrator to increase the space size.
- Create or open a case containing archived emails.
- Select the emails to export.
- The following illustration shows a quick search for the term "UAB" which yielded nine results from a user named danielch. Selected items are highlighted by blue checkmarks.
- From the Case Overview toolbar, select Export Case > New Export.
- The Export Wizard displays.
- Select the Search tabs to export and click Next.
- In our example, the results are all on one tab named Search.
- In the next screen, select the Selected item(s) only option and click Next.
- In the next screen, select the Export to Location option.
- In the next screen, select Export as the location. If you do see this location in the list, consult your NetGovern administrator.
- (Optional) Select the Search criteria and/or Audit file information options include additional information in your export. Click Next.
- Do the following:
- Give the export a name.
- (Optional) Enter an email address to notify yourself when the export is completed. It may take some time depending on the size of the export.
- Click Finish.
- The List of Exports window displays the progress (in percentage) of the export.
- When the export is completed, click Details.
- The Export Details window displays information about the export and the case that was generated.
- Open the export by double-clicking Open the generated case.
- Your export displays and is named "Export" and appended with a numerical ID. The nine items we selected for export are present.
- From the Case Management toolbar, click Case Management.
- Your new case appears at the top of the list. You can go ahead and edit the case and assign it to