Previewing Messages and Documents
You can preview messages and documents. NetGovern Search supports over 600 file formats including all versions of Microsoft Office, Corel, AutoCAD, Adobe, and more.
By default, the Document view displays a list of the documents in the archive. Click a document to preview it inline or in a fixed side pane where you can see its contents, add comments, and tag/untag messages. You can also view the other properties and tags of a document.
When previewing documents, several tabs of information are displayed: Preview, Properties, Audit, and Tags. The number of tabs displayed depends on your role.
When previewing selected items, you can arrange the tabs to suit your viewing preference. For example, it may be more helpful to see the properties of a selected item than its contents and vice versa.
As a time-saving measure, you can scroll through previews of messages and documents when using inline previewing.
You can preview an attachment by clicking on it.
- Cllck Preferences > Preview and select one of the following:
- Inline Preview to preview selected items in a window.
- Side Pane to preview selected items in a side pane.
- To change the order of the preview tabs, select Preferences > Preview > Default Preview Tab and choose the default tab to display.
- To return to the basic list view, click Preferences > Preview > No preview.
- In the Document view, double-click a message or document to open it.
- Use the left and right arrows to scroll through previews of the results.
You cannot scroll through attachment previews. You can only view attachments one at a time.